Rayner is a leading developer and manufacturer of ophthalmic implants and pharmaceuticals with global headquarters in Worthing, UK. We specialize in the design and manufacture of intraocular lenses (IOLs) and related products, such as OVDs and pharmaceuticals used in cataract and refractive surgery. Since the manufacture of the world’s first IOL by Rayner in 1949, we have continuously pioneered IOL design with a goal of improving vision and restoring sight worldwide. The first ever FDA- approved IOL was a Rayner lens. Today, over 26 million IOLs are implanted around the world every year, and it is globally the most performed elective surgical procedure.
Our mission is simple: to deliver excellent visual outcomes for patients and surgeons. In June 2021 Rayner was acquired by CVC, an international Private Equity business with substantial funds under management. CVC has already shown itself to be an excellent partner to Rayner and has demonstrated its commitment to grow the business internationally. With CVC as our partner, we have the resources to make further investments in ophthalmology. Since Rayner was founded in 1910, we have established a reputation for innovation and product excellence. Rayner has over 500 employees in the UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, US, Canada, Malaysia and India. Today, in the USA we have offices in New York, Memphis and Seattle. The role will be based out of our Memphis office.
As Finance Director, Americas you will provide vital leadership, to the region (USA, Canada and LATAM). The incumbent will oversee and manage the Americas regional Finance team, ensuring that the monthly reporting timetable is adhered to and to proactively contribute to running a successful, cost-effective business. You will provide business partnering support to the commercial leader/GM Americas (located in Memphis) and to the global finance function located in the UK. You will be responsible for recruiting and building the local finance teams in addition to coordination of financial planning and reporting and ensure company accounting procedures conform to US GAAP and IFRS.
You will build and manage effective and streamlined administrative/financial systems including accounting, finance, planning, tax and audit. You will have fiscal and fiduciary responsibility for Rayner’s product portfolio in the Americas region. You will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer and the VP Finance in our matrix and international business creating a real and active partnership with both operations and management. Providing 'real time' support and analysis, to be a trusted adviser and to add value that will assist in decision making. Show professional curiosity in commercial operations and question status quo.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Oversee the operations of the financial department, including optimizing the departmental organizational structure and processes to achieve department's goals and objectives. Provide leadership in the accounting, controls, compliance and reporting.
- Coordinate the information requirements and analysis needed to support the annual audit.
- Assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and the company’s long-term strategy utilizing appropriate metrics.
- Establish rapport and a solid working relationship with the GM Americas, Group Finance Controller, CFO and management team in the region to meet Rayner’s operating and strategic objectives.
- Provide finance and business partnering acumen to establish our LATAM regional growth.
- Provide strategic input and lead due diligence toward potential alliances and/or new business opportunities.
- Provide necessary financial reporting materials and information to the CFO regarding concerns, trends and changes in Rayner’s operations and strategic plans, domestically and globally. Successfully executive management of the quarterly/ annual budgeting and forecasting processes
- Provide financial support to internal departments, in support of their planning responsibilities to effectively manage the business and make appropriate financial recommendations, including evaluating the cost-benefit of various strategies
- To deliver consistent and accurate monthly management information along with insightful trend analysis
- Provide detailed weekly cashflow forecast for group consolidation.
- Be responsible for establishing appropriate internal policies and procedures to ensure company compliance with ethical standards, US GAAP (IFRS for group reporting) and PhRMA, and state reporting regulations and ensure compliance.
- Oversee the acquisition and maintenance of appropriate systems to maintain the company’s operations efficiently and accurately
- Build the finance team, leading them to deliver goals and KPI’s, along with ongoing coaching and development
Ambition: We play to win.
Focus: We put patients first.
Integrity: We keep our promises.
Openness: We are passionate about new ideas.
Respect: We support each other.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA or International equivalent)
- Solid experience as a finance professional in a fast growth business
- Knowledge and familiarity with various operational finance systems / various accounting software such as Oracle NetSuite and hands on experience of using ERP systems
- Minimum of 5 experience in leading, coaching and developing teams with the ability to act as General Manager
- Has experience in large accounting/audit firm and 3 - 5 years corporate experience including experience in financial reporting and/or operational accounting; overseeing Chart of Account set up, AP & AR processing, Treasury and cash flow processes
- Pharmaceutical reimbursement experience
- Experience in the Medical Device sector
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs