Rayner is a leading developer and manufacturer of ophthalmic implants and pharmaceuticals with global headquarters in Worthing, UK. We specialize in the design and manufacture of intraocular lenses (IOLs) and related products, such as OVDs and pharmaceuticals used in cataract and refractive surgery. Since the manufacture of the world’s first IOL by Rayner in 1949, we have continuously pioneered IOL design with a goal of improving vision and restoring sight worldwide. The first ever FDA- approved IOL was a Rayner lens. Today, over 26 million IOLs are implanted around the world every year, and it is globally the most performed elective surgical procedure. Our mission is simple: to deliver excellent visual outcomes for patients and surgeons. In June 2021 Rayner was acquired by CVC, an international Private Equity business with substantial funds under management. CVC has already shown itself to be an excellent partner to Rayner and has demonstrated its commitment to grow the business internationally. With CVC as our partner, we have the resources to make further investments in ophthalmology. Since Rayner was founded in 1910, we have established a reputation for innovation and product excellence. Rayner has over 400 employees in the UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, US, Canada, Malaysia and India. Today, we have offices in New York, Seattle and Memphis in the US.
Based in the geographic designed area, the Key Account Manager will be responsible for the growth of sales of Rayner products in the assigned geographical area, specifically to increase the overall revenue goals of Rayner. The ideal candidate will possess their bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in the Key account setting. The individual in this role should have strong conceptive and consultative strategic selling skills along with the demonstrated ability to negotiate with executive levels, and a proven track record of success.
Ambition: We play to win.
Focus: We put patients first.
Integrity: We keep our promises.
Openness: We are passionate about new ideas.
Respect: We support each other.
Your key responsibilities will be
- Plans and executes sales activities, including development of key account strategies, their implementation, and the required coordination of resources.
- Develops and maintains consultative sales relationships with all customer stakeholders, including c-suite influencers, within the account’s organization by providing value-added solutions.
- Develops and maintains a high level of product knowledge of Omidria, IOLs and competitive products.
- Account focus will be on large ASCs, hospitals, VAs, DoD and PE accounts within assigned geography.
- Understand and appropriately applies pricing dynamics across customer groups – requires understanding of various types of hospital groups and their pricing structure such 340B
- Maintains complete knowledge of each account’s current and long-term purchase plans and objectives
- Partners with all stakeholders of the sales team to achieve sales objectives for key accounts
- Establish effective relationships and collaborations with other departments (Marketing, Finance, Medical affairs, Reimbursement, etc.) to address key business issues and opportunities.
- Attend clinical meetings, seminars, and tradeshows as appropriate.
Qualifications/ Training/Experience Experience and Education
- Required: Bachelor’s degree and 5 or more years of current Key / Account sales experience in the buy and bill environment.
Skill Sets/Competencies Required
- Strong conceptive and consultative strategic selling skills are a must
- Direct selling experience in OR with pharmaceutical and or medical device industry in a competitive strategy-intensive market.
- Experience in negotiations with executive administration levels, i.e., CFO, CIO, CEO, and CMO.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales plans * Relationship management, strategy development and problem solving is considered a must
- .Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft® Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other related software is required.
Preferred Skill Sets/Competencies:
- A solid understanding of the buy and bill environment within a Key / account setting is preferred * Clinical aptitude in Ophthalmology
- Other Requirements:
- The ability to travel 50% of the time.
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs