Rayner is a leading developer and manufacturer of ophthalmic solutions designed to provide surgeons and their patients with the very best visual outcomes. With more than 70 years of continuous growth and experience, we now sell in over 80 countries. Our mission is to deliver innovative and clinically superior ophthalmic products that consistently respond to the expectations of our global customers and reward the profound trust placed in us to improve sight and quality of life.
Headquartered in Worthing on the South Coast of the UK, Rayner has 3 strategic areas of focus: Devices, Drugs & Digital. Rayner has a broad portfolio of products across the patient pathway, including monofocal and premium Intraocular Lenses (IOLs), a full range of Ophthalmic Viscosurgical Devices (OVDs), a family of Ocular Surface Disease (OSD) solutions, and RayPRO, our digital patient outcomes platform.
In 2021, CVC Capital Partners acquired a majority interest in Rayner and is dedicated to driving international expansion of the business. Rayner has regional offices in Belo Horizonte (Brazil), Berlin (Germany), Dublin (Ireland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), Lille (France), Memphis (USA), Milan (Italy), Mumbai (Italy), Porto (Portugal), Seattle (USA), Sydney (Australia) and Warsaw (Poland). Rayner continues to grow yearly in both employee headcount and locations.
The purpose of this role is to increase and support the growth, development, and promotion of Rayner’s portfolio in Latin America with focus on Brazil. Direct marketing responsibilities include the organization and planning of congresses through Latin America, with supportive remit for marketing essentials related to local product portfolios such as brochures and advertisements.
You will work closely with the Americas and global marketing team to ensure strategies and tactics are aligned to global messaging, campaigns, and communications, while also working closely with the commercial teams in the region to ensure marketing activities meet commercial expectations and objectives.
You will build effective relationships with KOLs and other external stakeholders to harness their cooperation and engagement in developing innovative product campaigns and participate in organizing specialist marketing programs at major industry conferences in the region, such as BRASCRS, CBO, FacoExtrema, and more.
Ambition: We play to win.
Focus: We put patients first.
Integrity: We keep our promises.
Openness: We are passionate about new ideas.
Respect: We support each other.
Your key responsibilities will be:
* Manage and promote brand identity across media, material, and sales channels in Brazil and Latin America.
* Organize conferences and associated events, such as symposia and wet labs.
* Develop marketing action plans and deliver product launch campaigns.
* Support Key Opinion Leader (KOL) program initiatives.
* Coordinate the creation and approval of marketing materials.
* Develop and manage budgets to ensure spend is in-line with approved business plans.
* Business acumen – financial awareness, strategic thinking, business planning and budgeting, ability to develop and execute key tactics.
* Strong interpersonal skills and relationship building with KOLs, sales, external agencies, etc.
* Ability to clearly communicate with different stakeholder groups.
* Analytical and problem resolution skills.
* Creative thinking and a high attention to detail.
* Good organizational skills.
* Flexible ‘can-do’ attitude needed to thrive in a rapidly growing and changing company.
* Ability to travel internationally.
* Event planning and congress organization.
* Experience managing products, campaigns, and brands.
* Experience launching new products and managing product life cycles.
* Degree in Business / Marketing / Communications or equivalent professional experience.
* Strong scientific background, able to comprehend and interpret scientific/clinical data.
* Experience working in Optometry/ophthalmology (surgical and diagnostic ophthalmology).
* Understanding of medical device and/or pharmaceutical regulations.
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs