Rayner is a leading developer and manufacturer of ophthalmic implants and pharmaceuticals with global headquarters in Worthing, UK. We specialize in the design and manufacture of intraocular lenses (IOLs) and related products, such as OVDs and pharmaceuticals used in cataract and refractive surgery. Since the manufacture of the world’s first IOL by Rayner in 1949, we have continuously pioneered IOL design with a goal of improving vision and restoring sight worldwide. The first ever FDA- approved IOL was a Rayner lens. Today, over 26 million IOLs are implanted around the world every year, and it is globally the most performed elective surgical procedure. Our mission is simple: to deliver excellent visual outcomes for patients and surgeons.
In June 2021 Rayner was acquired by CVC, an international Private Equity business with substantial funds under management. CVC has already shown itself to be an excellent partner to Rayner and has demonstrated its commitment to grow the business internationally. With CVC as our partner, we have the resources to make further investments in ophthalmology.
Since Rayner was founded in 1910, we have established a reputation for innovation and product excellence. Rayner has over 400 employees in the UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, US, Canada, Malaysia and India. Today, we have offices in New York, Seattle and Memphis in the US.
- Development and implementation of Regional Business Plan to ensure appropriate sales focus on driving growth of Rayner’s Surgical and OSD product portfolio
- Appy strong commercial business and financial acumen to maintain and grow the region: understanding the impact of margins on all products whilst delivering sales forecasts and demand planning input
- Coaching and development of the Sales Team including; business development, margin control, territory planning and key account and KOL management through the Territory Management process.
- Conduct regular Sales Team field visits attending theatre lists and developing succession plans for key performers
- Provide weekly sales reports as agreed with the UK Sales Director and ensure reporting on the approved bonus scheme is submitted to finance
- Keep up-to-date with new/current products, competitor products, clinical data, and be a “technical expert” in the cataract and refractive market segment
- Attend congresses / exhibitions and build client relationships to leverage business opportunities
- Understand and inform on the changes to the CCG- provider structure in the NHS
- Provide input to the sales and marketing planning function
- Develop the current CRM system and look for new and innovative ways to achieve Commercial Excellence within the sales region
- Support and organise when required, quarterly Sales Meetings in conjunction with the UK Sales Director and Regional Sales Manager North.
- *Manage regional tenders and Framework agreements where required, supported by the International Business Director.
Ambition: We have the drive to continuously improve
Integrity: We are accountable for what we doacting ethically and in the bst interests of our customers, patients and stakeholders
Openess: – We positively consider new ideas and challenges
Respect: - We support each other and our customers to succeed
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Based on clearly defined annual performance objectives.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Sales, Marketing, Life Sciences or a related field.
- Holder of a current full driving license
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs