Rayner is a leading developer and manufacturer of ophthalmic solutions designed to provide surgeons and their patients with the very best visual outcomes. With more than 70 years of continuous growth and experience, we now sell in over 80 countries. Our mission is to deliver innovative and clinically superior ophthalmic products that consistently respond to the expectations of our global customers and reward the profound trust placed in us to improve sight and quality of life.
Headquartered in Worthing on the South Coast of the UK, Rayner has 3 strategic areas of focus: Devices, Drugs & Digital. Rayner has a broad portfolio of products across the patient pathway, including monofocal and premium Intraocular Lenses (IOLs), a full range of Ophthalmic Viscosurgical Devices (OVDs), a family of Ocular Surface Disease (OSD) solutions, and RayPRO, our digital patient outcomes platform.
In 2021, CVC Capital Partners acquired a majority interest in Rayner and is dedicated to driving international expansion of the business. Rayner has regional offices in Belo Horizonte (Brazil), Berlin (Germany), Dublin (Ireland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), Lille (France), Memphis (USA), Milan (Italy), Mumbai (Italy), Porto (Portugal), Seattle (USA), Sydney (Australia) and Warsaw (Poland). Rayner continues to grow yearly in both employee headcount and locations.
The Specialty Sales Representative is responsible for driving sales results by effectively deploying an account-based selling approach and communicating the benefits of Rayner products to Ophthalmic Surgeons, Hospital Outpatient Surgery Centers (HOSCs) and Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASCs) in an assigned geographic territory.
Ambition: We play to win.
Focus: We put patients first.
Integrity: We keep our promises.
Openness: We are passionate about new ideas.
Respect: We support each other.
Core and role specific competencies
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Earn, close and pull-through Rayner product business at appropriate eye (lens replacement) surgery accounts
- Prospect, profile and qualify accounts to be targeted; then deploy an Account-based selling approach in converting the account’s key ophthalmic surgeons, and other important and appropriate personnel (HCPs and non-HCPs) to adopt Rayner products
- Develop and execute a thoughtful and compliant territory business plan to gain customer adoption of Rayner products
- Leverage understanding of product information to consult, influence and maintain customer relationships
- Customize discussions with customers based on understanding the customer’s practice and needs
- Meet and exceed sales goals and achieve maximum sales in assigned territory
- Maintain ongoing business planning with customers in territory through effective business management for assigned territory
- Establish a positive reputation for Rayner among HCPs and other important customers
- Manage territory budget to support sales and marketing activities
- Effectively manage and prioritize time and resources to maximize sales
- Complete and adhere to all administrative duties and compliance policies and training in a timely manner
- Overnight travel may be required, will vary by territory
- Ability to attend required training programs
- Consideration for this position requires an acceptable driving record
- Dedication to full time employment
- Clearance on all pre-employment screening
- Decide and act in a complex and sometimes ambiguous selling environment and demonstrate sound business judgment without necessarily having the total picture.
- Demonstrate initiative and follow-up which drives results
- Proven record as an individual producer making a strong impact in launch situations
- Results oriented with a proven track record of consistent success
- Ability to sell consultatively focused on customer need and delivered in an individualized clinical and data focused manner
- Strong persuasiveness and influence skills required
- Ability to understand and articulate complex scientific and complex data throughout the sales process
- Consistent history of operating with a high degree of integrity within compliance guidelines is mandatory
- Minimum of 5 plus years of outside sales (pharmaceutical/biotech/medical) experience, preferably with start-up or specialty pharma/device companies
- Hospital and/or Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) operating Room sales, with direct buy-and-bill experience
- Documented proven and consistent track record of achieving sales results in recent years
- Ophthalmology sales experience
- Knowledge of hospital formulary process and CMS coding
- Recent experience in the geography (local market knowledge and existing relationships with targeted facilities) preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required (BS or BA), as well as strong technical/computer skills (including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and excellent verbal and written communication and platform skills
Rayner provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs