The Purpose of the role is to manage and lead a consistent and efficient Finished Goods operation. Maintaining quality of Picking, Shipping, stock maintenance and contributing to the productivity of the team.
Ensuring business priorities are cascaded to the warehouse team and priorities are actioned, stock control is maintained, and reporting activities are in place to support business objectives to achieve agreed KPIs.
Communicate company and team goals, deadlines, and safety practices to the team.
Provide help to management, including hiring and training, keeping management updated on team performance. Communicates concerns and policies among management and team members.
To plan workload and resource to ensure the Finished Goods Store can deliver the volume requirements of the business in a fast and efficient way whilst ensuring customer service and supply chain requirements are met.
To drive continuous improvement in people, process, and the cost efficiency of the lens store.
Motivates team members and assesses performance.
Key Activities/ Accountabilities
Management of Finished Goods Store:
* Organising stockrooms and keeping all storage areas safe, secure, clean, and tidy
* Monitoring stock levels and inventory management including all serial numbers.
* Managing and monitoring storage of IOLs and Factored Goods products across multiple Rayner storage sites
* Ensure goods inwards from Production and outside suppliers are processed and stored appropriately and efficiently within agreed time frames.
* Processing and shipping customer orders seamlessly and promptly within agreed time frames, with prioritisation based on order value, size, and urgency.
* Provide Management with data to support shipment cost analysis.
* Support Daily Pick, Pack, Ship operations when needed to ensure OTIF target is maintained.
* Scheduling and monitoring delivery/courier services and understanding AEO guidelines when required.
* Contribute towards the improvement of processes / methods of operating practices on the site.
* Actively maintain communication and reporting with Customer Service and Supply chain to ensure business objectives are aligned and actioned.
* Ensuring all health and safety and quality procedures are followed.
* Actively contribute to deliver and report on agreed KPIs.
* Contribute towards and drive the improvement of processes / methods of operating practices on the site.
* Lead and develop a motivated team through encouragement of open and pro-active communication.
* Communicate and coordinate deadlines and sales goals to team members through continues communication with department L2 and L3
* Conduct team meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations.
* Generate and shares detailed reports about team performance, mission -related objectives and deadlines to your direct report.
* Provide encouragement to team members, including communicating team goads and identifying areas for new training in or skill checks.
* Assists with hiring processes and new team member training.
* Day to day management of the team – including any training, performance, or disciplinary issues.
* Act as a role model for company values and behaviours
Health & Safety / Quality
- To ensure that the Company’s Health & Safety policy and procedures are adhered to.
- To follow laid down safety procedures and use the protective equipment provided.
- To ensure the Quality Policy and procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure all Standard Operating Procedures are understood and always followed.
- To ensure Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) is maintained including equipment and facility cleaning.
- To complete all data entries accurately and fully onto the process records.
- Promoting best practice and acting in the best interests of the company
Core + role specific competencies
1. Strong supervisor /management skills with the ability to lead a team
2. Able to manage and support a fast-paced picking environment
3. Ability to present and implement new ideas to drive the business forward
4. Demonstrate high level of flexibility and ability to work on own initiative
5. Able to embrace process improvement and contribute to initiatives to drive the business forward
6. Able to adapt to changing priorities in a target driven environment, display good planning and organisational skills.
7. Able to prioritise and delegate objectives to ensure the team is aligned with business objectives
8. Looks to exceed performance requirements
9. Attention to detail and accuracy
Qualifications/ Training/ Experience
* Experience working in a target driven environment with the ability to work towards achieving objectives against tight deadlines.
* PC literate and familiar with both word and spreadsheet packages
* Experience effectively communicating feedback between stakeholders and actioning objectives to meet objectives.
* Knowledge of health and safety procedures and experience in ISO 9001 environment.
* Previous experience leading a team.
* Background working in a manufacturing/ process driven environment.
* Experience of using ERP / WMS systems.
* Background in warehousing/stores/logistics in a manufacturing environment
- Associate Sales Rep - NYC-Albany
Job location: United States of America
Rayner is a leading developer and manufacturer ...
- Process Engineer
Job location: Sousel
Part of a technical team responsible for settin...
- Office Administrator
Job location: Memphis
Rayner is a leading developer and manufacturer ...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs