Rayner is a leading developer and manufacturer of ophthalmic implants and pharmaceuticals with global headquarters in Worthing, UK. We specialize in the design and manufacture of intraocular lenses (IOLs) and related products, such as OVDs and pharmaceuticals used in cataract and refractive surgery. Since the manufacture of the world’s first IOL by Rayner in 1949, we have continuously pioneered IOL design with a goal of improving vision and restoring sight worldwide. The first ever FDA- approved IOL was a Rayner lens. Today, over 26 million IOLs are implanted around the world every year, and it is globally the most performed elective surgical procedure. Our mission is simple: to deliver excellent visual outcomes for patients and surgeons.
In June 2021 Rayner was acquired by CVC, an international Private Equity business with substantial funds under management. CVC has already shown itself to be an excellent partner to Rayner and has demonstrated its commitment to grow the business internationally. With CVC as our partner, we have the resources to make further investments in ophthalmology.
Since Rayner was founded in 1910, we have established a reputation for innovation and product excellence. Rayner has over 400 employees in the UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, US, Canada, Malaysia and India. Today, we have offices in New York and Memphis. Rayner Surgical Inc and Omeros Corporation have announced the signing of an agreement to transfer Omeros’s ophthalmology assets, including OMIDRIA and the teams to support the product to Rayner. Rayner will open an office in Seattle and the OMIDRIA team will be a big part of our growth.
Purpose of the Role
As Territory Manager, Austria you will be responsible for achieving sales targets and expanding the market share of Rayner and its partner products as well as servicing customers in the respective region. You will collaborate with the National Sales Manager Germany in the planning and implementation of sales strategies. You will be the trusted expert and representative of Rayner and our products.
Ambition: We play to win.
Focus: We put patients first.
Integrity: We keep our promises.
Openness: We are passionate about new ideas.
Respect: We support each other.
Your key responsibilities will be:
Achievement and expansion of sales targets in the assigned region, including:
- Maintenance and expansion of the customer base, acquisition of new customers, product launches in the German-speaking territories, incl. Nordwestschweiz, Ostsschweiz, Mittelland, Zentralschweiz
- Identification and acquisition of new customers with intraocular lenses and their partner products
Ensuring active and goal-oriented customer management for all operating doctors, clinics, practices and other customers in the region through active and timely use of the installed CRM system. Intensive use of the existing sales analysis programs for the purpose of developing proactive, independent and strategic sales activities.
(Area manager with business and strategic thinking). Developing existing Rayner customer base and develop new relationships with new customers in order to strengthen Rayner's position in the area and in the overall market, including:
- Intensive collaboration with the Sales, Eyescience and Marketing departments
- Service with regards to existing consignment warehouses, ensuring expiry dates and reorders
- Training and development concepts in cooperation with Eyescience for sales for doctors and operating theater staff in hospitals and practices
- Dedicated, goal-oriented and effective territory management
- CODEX compliant behaviour towards internal and external customers
- Positive, open and creative collaboration with the existing teams in order to ensure added value for the customer when using the Rayner product portfolio
- Observation of market and customer trends, including price development and competitor activities, feedback to the sales, marketing and Eyescience teams
- Continuous development of personal sales skills as well as product knowledge through continuous participation in internal or external training programs with documentation of results
- Targeted sales activities in your own area in accordance with the defined sales and marketing strategies in the DACH region
- Elaboration of ongoing action, sales and area plans and sales analysis
- Consistency of personal and business activities with Rayner quality management systems and relevant SOPs as well as other guidelines
- Prepare reports and action, sales and area plans, as well as sales analysis when required. Always represent Rayner in a positive and professional manner.
- Professional; open appearance, high self-motivation and initiative
- Ability and willingness to carry out extensive travel in the assigned territory
- Target-oriented, organised and flexible working behaviour
- Responsible and punctual personality
- Morally Correct Business Conduct
- Able to build productive relationships, creating enthusiasm, and successfully implementing plans to achieve Company goals
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to degree level ideally with a science background, Commercial training, nurse or comparable degree
- Ability and qualification to sell medical devices according to Austrian rules and regulations
- Ability to demonstrate existing relationships with key stakeholders at the above
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience
- Experiences in ophthalmology, proven track record in selling medical devices
- Knowledge of ophthalmology, optics or comparable professions
- German and French language skills
- Associate Sales Rep - NYC-Albany
Job location: United States of America
Rayner is a leading developer and manufacturer ...
- Process Engineer
Job location: Sousel
Part of a technical team responsible for settin...
- Office Administrator
Job location: Memphis
Rayner is a leading developer and manufacturer ...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs