Rayner is a leading developer and manufacturer of ophthalmic implants and pharmaceuticals with global headquarters in Worthing, UK. We specialize in the design and manufacture of intraocular lenses (IOLs) and related products, such as OVDs and pharmaceuticals used in cataract and refractive surgery. Since the manufacture of the world’s first IOL by Rayner in 1949, we have continuously pioneered IOL design with a goal of improving vision and restoring sight worldwide. The first ever FDA- approved IOL was a Rayner lens. Today, over 26 million IOLs are implanted around the world every year, and it is globally the most performed elective surgical procedure. Our mission is simple: to deliver excellent visual outcomes for patients and surgeons.
In June 2021 Rayner was acquired by CVC, an international Private Equity business with substantial funds under management. CVC has already shown itself to be an excellent partner to Rayner and has demonstrated its commitment to grow the business internationally. With CVC as our partner, we have the resources to make further investments in ophthalmology.
Since Rayner was founded in 1910, we have established a reputation for innovation and product excellence. Rayner has over 400 employees in the UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, US, Canada, Malaysia and India. Today, we have offices in New York and Memphis. Rayner Surgical Inc and Omeros Corporation have announced the signing of an agreement to transfer Omeros’s ophthalmology assets, including OMIDRIA and the teams to support the product to Rayner and subject to usual closing conditions. Rayner will open an office in Seattle and the OMIDRIA team will be a big part of our growth.
The Specialty Sales Representative is responsible for driving sales results by effectively deploying an Account-based selling approach and communicating the benefits of Omidria™ to Ophthalmic Surgeons, Hospital Outpatient Surgery Centers (HOSCs) and Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASCs) in an assigned geographic territory.
Ambition: We play to win.
Focus: We put patients first.
Integrity: We keep our promises.
Openness: We are passionate about new ideas.
Respect: We support each other.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Earn, close and pull-through Omidria business at appropriate eye (lens replacement) surgery accounts
- Prospect, profile and qualify accounts to be targeted; then deploy an Account-based selling approach in converting the account’s key ophthalmic surgeons, and other important and appropriate personnel (HCPs and non-HCPs) to adopt Omidria
- Develop and execute a thoughtful and compliant territory business plan to gain customer adoption of Omidria
- Leverage understanding of product information to consult, influence and maintain customer relationships
- Customize discussions with customers based on understanding the customer’s practice and needs
- Meet and exceed sales goals and achieve maximum sales in assigned territory
- Maintain ongoing business planning with customers in territory through effective business management for assigned territory
- Establish a positive reputation for Rayner among HCPs and other important customers
- Manage territory budget to support sales and marketing activities
- Effectively manage and prioritize time and resources to maximize sales
- Complete and adhere to all administrative duties and compliance policies and training in a timely manner
- Overnight travel may be required, will vary by territory
- Ability to attend required training programs
- Consideration for this position requires an acceptable driving record
- *Dedication to full time employment (no employment or income-producing activities outside of inVentiv)
- Clearance on all pre-employment screening
- Decide and act in a complex and sometimes ambiguous selling environment, and demonstrate sound business judgment without necessarily having the total picture.
- Demonstrate initiative and follow-up which drives results
- Proven record as an individual producer making a strong impact in launch situations
- Results oriented with a proven track record of consistent success
- Ability to sell consultatively focused on customer need and delivered in an individualized clinical and data focused manner
- Strong persuasiveness and influence skills required
- Ability to understand and articulate complex scientific and complex data throughout the sales process
- Consistent history of operating with a high degree of integrity within compliance guidelines is mandatory
- Minimum of 5 plus years of outside sales (pharmaceutical/biotech/medical) experience, preferably with start-up or specialty pharma/device companies
- Hospital and/or Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) operating Room sales, with direct buy-and-bill experience
- Documented proven and consistent track record of achieving sales results in recent years
- Ophthalmology sales experience
- Knowledge of hospital formulary process and CMS coding
- Recent experience in the geography (local market knowledge and existing relationships with targeted facilities) preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required (BS or BA), as well as strong technical/computer skills (including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and excellent verbal and written communication and platform skills
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs