Rayner is a leading developer and manufacturer of ophthalmic implants and pharmaceuticals with global headquarters in Worthing, UK. We specialize in the design and manufacture of intraocular lenses (IOLs) and related products, such as OVDs and pharmaceuticals used in cataract and refractive surgery. Since the manufacture of the world’s first IOL by Rayner in 1949, we have continuously pioneered IOL design with a goal of improving vision and restoring sight worldwide. The first ever FDA- approved IOL was a Rayner lens. Today, over 26 million IOLs are implanted around the world every year, and it is globally the most performed elective surgical procedure. Our mission is simple: to deliver excellent visual outcomes for patients and surgeons.
In June 2021 Rayner was acquired by CVC, an international Private Equity business with substantial funds under management. CVC has already shown itself to be an excellent partner to Rayner and has demonstrated its commitment to grow the business internationally. With CVC as our partner, we have the resources to make further investments in ophthalmology.
Since Rayner was founded in 1910, we have established a reputation for innovation and product excellence. Rayner has over 400 employees in the UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, US, Canada, Malaysia and India. Today, we have offices in New York, Memphis and Seattle in the US. In December 2021, Rayner announced the transfer of Omeros’ ophthalmology assets, including OmidriaTM, to Rayner. This will enable the creation of a significant commercial, regulatory and marketing infrastructure in the US, with a broad range of products, including intraocular lenses (IOLs), for cataract surgeons.
Purpose of role / Key activities and accountabilities
The Staff Accountant is responsible for contributions to the Finance/ Accounting Team that include activities such as A/R, Accounts Reconciliation, Journal Entries, Accounts Payable responsibilities and other activities related to the success of the Accounting/ Finance Team.
Ambition: We play to win.
Focus: We put patients first.
Integrity: We keep our promises.
Openness: We are passionate about new ideas.
Respect: We support each other.
Your key responsibilities will be:
* Record cash receipts from customers and other debtors.
* Reconcile open receivables.
* Assist with collections, send statements to customers – follow up on outstanding balances.
* Reconcile discrepancies/disputes with customers with outstanding balances.
* Reconcile and verify A/R balances managed through 3PL, follow up discrepancies and resolving disputes.
* Maintain strong control on A/R management to avoid past due invoices.
* Assist with recording cash receipts, reconciliations and providing supporting documentation for transactions with parent company and other affiliates.
* Perform bank reconciliations and post journal entries as required.
* Maintain and reconcile Fixed Assets register and depreciation.
* Assist with checking and approving vendor payment details – accounting and banking systems.
* Assist with other accounting reconciliations and analysis as required, including month-end activities and other projects as directed by the Accounting Manager or Financial Director.
* Assist with maintaining attendee’s database on Expense management system (Concur).
* Assist with reviewing compliance and approving expense reports, as required.
Systems and processes
* Process/procedure development and maintenance, recommending process efficiency improvements related with the scope of activities.
* Ability to attend required training programs.
* Dedication to full time employment
* Clearance on all pre-employment screening
* Demonstrate initiative and follow-up which drives results.
* Results oriented with a proven track record of consistent success.
* Ability to communicate effectively and work with customers, third parties and across the organization to achieve the desired results.
* Flexibility in duties and work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
* A/R experience with direct buy-and-bill experience and consignment operations managing a mid-size portfolio of accounts. (250+)
* Minimum 3 years of accounting experience, including cash applications and reconciliations
* Strong communication skills to interact at different levels with both internal and external stakeholders.
* Good knowledge of Accounting Principles and processes
* Experience with start-ups preferred.
* Knowledge of AR and AP process improvement.
* Experience with NetSuite software
* Bachelor’s Degree required (BS or BA), in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or similar field.
* Strong technical/computer skills (including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and excellent verbal and written communication and platform skills
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs