Rayner is a leading developer and manufacturer of ophthalmic implants and pharmaceuticals with global headquarters in Worthing, UK. We specialize in the design and manufacture of intraocular lenses (IOLs) and related products, such as OVDs and pharmaceuticals used in cataract and refractive surgery. Since the manufacture of the world’s first IOL by Rayner in 1949, we have continuously pioneered IOL design with a goal of improving vision and restoring sight worldwide. The first ever FDA- approved IOL was a Rayner lens. Today, over 26 million IOLs are implanted around the world every year, and it is globally the most performed elective surgical procedure. Our mission is simple: to deliver excellent visual outcomes for patients and surgeons.
In June 2021 Rayner was acquired by CVC, an international Private Equity business with substantial funds under management. CVC has already shown itself to be an excellent partner to Rayner and has demonstrated its commitment to grow the business internationally. With CVC as our partner, we have the resources to make further investments in ophthalmology.
Since Rayner was founded in 1910, we have established a reputation for innovation and product excellence. Rayner has over 400 employees in the UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, US, Canada, Malaysia and India. Today, we have offices in New York, Seattle and Memphis in the US.
The Associate Sales Representative will be partnered with a seasoned Specialty Sales Representative in a defined territory to learn our business and assist in growing revenue.
- Work closely with experienced Specialty Sales Representatives to build your knowledge, skill and comfort with clinical and product knowledge as well as selling styles and techniques. Our experienced Specialty Sales Representatives will serve as your coaches and mentors to share lessons learned for how to build and grow a successful business.
- You will receive training and be expected to study and prepare independently to perform at the highest levels in the operating room, working amongst surgeons and healthcare professionals.
- Collaborate with our team to build your own book of business one customer and account at a time. You will identify and prospect new customers as well as continually take care of existing customers.
- Assist Specialty Sales Representatives in determining the necessary resources needed for our customers to achieve sales objectives and then execute the plan. These resources may include educational programs, product development initiatives, and sales strategies.
This will be a busy and demanding role and you will be joining the dynamic start-up subsidiary of a profitable UK firm with ambitious growth potential. The ideal candidate will have an excellent opportunity to make a positive impact as the business continues to grow.
Ambition: We play to win.
Focus: We put patients first.
Integrity: We keep our promises.
Openness: We are passionate about new ideas.
Respect: We support each other.
- Strong communications skills
- Strong attention to detail and data accuracy
- Robust organizational and communication skills
- Ability to solve problems and identify solutions to improve process efficiency and quality/timeliness of deliverables
- Team player
- Flexible approach to workload
- Able to operate in a rapidly changing environment and can balance multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to travel within assigned territory.
- Demonstrates proficiency working in a matrix environment and supporting related cross functional programs
- Versatile with and adept in learning new sales techniques. software applications and technologies
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent preferred
- Strong computer skills Microsoft office applications
- Valid Drivers Liscense
- Ability to be credentialed by health systems withing assigned territory
- US Pharma or medical device experience
- Experience working with a sales field
- 1 plus years of B2B experience preferred
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs