|Job type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Published:||11 months ago|
Rayner is a leading developer and manufacturer of ophthalmic implants and pharmaceuticals with global headquarters in Worthing, UK. We specialize in the design and manufacture of intraocular lenses (IOLs) and related products, such as OVDs and pharmaceuticals used in cataract and refractive surgery. Since the manufacture of the world’s first IOL by Rayner in 1949, we have continuously pioneered IOL design with a goal of improving vision and restoring sight worldwide. The first ever FDA- approved IOL was a Rayner lens. Today, over 26 million IOLs are implanted around the world every year, and it is globally the most performed elective surgical procedure. Our mission is simple: to deliver excellent visual outcomes for patients and surgeons.
In June 2021 Rayner was acquired by CVC, an international Private Equity business with substantial funds under management. CVC has already shown itself to be an excellent partner to Rayner and has demonstrated its commitment to grow the business internationally. With CVC as our partner, we have the resources to make further investments in ophthalmology.
Since Rayner was founded in 1910, we have established a reputation for innovation and product excellence. Rayner has over 400 employees in the UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, US, Canada, Malaysia and India. Today, we have offices in New York and Memphis. Rayner Surgical Inc and Omeros Corporation have announced the signing of an agreement to transfer Omeros’s ophthalmology assets, including OMIDRIA and the teams to support the product to Rayner. Rayner will open an office in Seattle and the OMIDRIA team will be a big part of our growth.
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of this role is to support and communicate with all our customers, manage local warehouse, oversee import of goods, prepare deliveries including goods invoicing and debt management, in order to deliver best-in class service. This role involves working with internal and external stakeholders processing all orders, handling all enquiries and ensuring full customer service satisfaction.
Ambition: We play to win.
Focus: We put patients first.
Integrity: We keep our promises.
Openness: We are passionate about new ideas.
Respect: We support each other.
- Process all types of local orders, returns and credits accurately in order to deliver goods within agreed timescales.
- Proactive communication via phone and email in a helpful and professional manner with customers and Key Account Manager throughout the order processing stages. Demonstrate role model behaviours.
- Capture and Analysis of feedback and complaints, other analyses as required.
- Support vigilance processes
- Provide management information.
- Update and maintain customer contract pricing in ERP.
- Work proactively as part of the Customer Service team, helping the team achieve its goals and develop. This includes supporting your colleagues and providing cover for any tasks and responsibilities as needed.
- Support cross training of other team members.
- Order stocks to replenish the local warehouse in Milan, in order to maintain safety stock levels
- Pick, pack and ship customer orders seamlessly and promptly within agreed time frames
- Organise and keep all storage areas safe, secure, clean and tidy
- Oversee import of goods, cooperate with import agency
- Prepare all in and out stock documentation as well as stock checks
- Schedule and monitor delivery/courier services
- Order packaging materials
- Cooperate with waste-management company
- Ensure continuous improvement to processes and systems
- Ensure all health and safety and quality procedures are always followed
- Invoicing / correcting / credit notes issuing
- Reconcile the sales ledger balance sheet
- Maintain an appropriate level of knowledge regarding Rayner products, increase knowledge, participate in training and product testing.
- Proactive customer focus approach
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship builder – Sales teams, Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain, Quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Strong organisational skills
- Flexible ‘can-do’ attitude needed to thrive in a rapidly growing and changing company.
- Good problems solving skills with logical approach.
- Able to present information clearly and concisely.
- Able to work to performance target.
Qualifications / Experience
- Customer service, invoicing and/or credit control experience required
- Experience in warehouse handling / goods packaging
- Able to work on own initiative, self-starter and as part of a team.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with accuracy and detail.
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing in English
- Commercial support attitude
- Experience dealing with imported goods
- Proven track record in a customer service role in medical devices
- Graduate with an ambition to build a career in an innovative medical device company.
- Knowledge of ERP system
- Knowledge of Data protection, Cyber security, and anti-money laundering policies
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs