We are looking for an experienced Management Accountant to be responsible for producing management accounts, budgets, cash flows, profit and loss and balance sheet for several trading (and non-trading) entities within the Rayner group.
Your key responsibilities will be:
* Prepare and report on any variances to budget and prior year results using NetSuite reporting system.
* Report to a strict timetable to prepare a monthly pack to include a profit and loss account, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
* Work with the individual business heads on the annual budget and load into NetSuite.
* Prepare and process monthly payment runs maximising cash position whilst adhering to payments terms.
* Contribute to a weekly cash forecast for the Rayner Group for distribution to senior management team, liaising with country managers where appropriate.
* Assist with credit control queries.
* Reconcile and report on stock balances, values and levels in different locations and using different systems.
* Instrumental in decision making around project to migrate to a new Finance system in 2024
* Prepare year end schedules and accounts for year-end audit, liaising with external auditors.
* Maintain fixed asset schedules and balances and ensure depreciation is calculated and posted correctly.
* Local/Overseas bank account reconciliations.
* Reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts for specific entities.
* Ensure compliance for overseas VAT/Payroll registrations and returns.
* Review processes and propose improvements as necessary to ensure adequate controls are in place.
* Frequent communication with foreign colleagues and stakeholders to resolve queries and obtain information.
* Lead and coach your team to ensure strong performance that drives results, including the management of poor performance/behaviour in line with HR support.
* Take responsibility for the motivation and engagement of your team members ensuring they receive recognition that makes them feel valued and feedback that helps them improve.
* Newly qualified accountant or candidate in final stages (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
* Previous and proven management accounts experience essential
* Previously worked with Syteline ERP, Exchequer, NetSuite reporting system or similar system
* Accurate and attention to detail
* Keen and hardworking
* Self-starter but able to contribute to the wider finance team’s objectives
* Excellent Excel skills
* Experience of leading and developing a team
* Knowledge of IFRS reporting desirable
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs