Rayner is a leading developer and manufacturer of ophthalmic implants and pharmaceuticals with global headquarters in Worthing, UK. We specialize in the design and manufacture of intraocular lenses (IOLs) and related products, such as OVDs and pharmaceuticals used in cataract and refractive surgery. Since the manufacture of the world’s first IOL by Rayner in 1949, we have continuously pioneered IOL design with a goal of improving vision and restoring sight worldwide. The first ever FDA- approved IOL was a Rayner lens. Today, over 26 million IOLs are implanted around the world every year, and it is globally the most performed elective surgical procedure. Our mission is simple: to deliver excellent visual outcomes for patients and surgeons.
Since Rayner was founded in 1910, we have established a reputation for innovation and product excellence. Rayner has over 600 employees in the UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, France, Poland, US, Canada, Malaysia and India. We will continue our exciting path of fast growth globally.
Purpose of the Role:
The Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and managing communications strategies across the global marketing division, including Eye Science (Clinical Research), that increase awareness as well as educate a broad range of stakeholders on Rayner’s market position as a leading supplier of ophthalmic solutions. These communications plans will ensure that Rayner’s brands have a high Share of Voice (SoV), driving continual engagement within the industry, while ensuring consistency with the departments vision, values and brand identity.
You will be involved with significant internal and external communication; interacting with all departments within Rayner's head office in Worthing, in addition to healthcare professionals, marketing/PR agencies and journalists all over the world.
* Management of www.rayner.com and www.yourvisionyourworld.com
* Management of the global MailChimp account and associated direct communications strategy.
* Development of Press Releases to mark Rayner’s milestone achievements – e.g. product launches, commercial acquisitions, etc.
* Social media content and account management, with focus on LinkedIn and Instagram.
* Analyzing and presenting on communications impact and related metrics, including tracking website traffic, social media engagement, and media coverage
Ambition: We play to win.
Focus: We put patients first.
Integrity: We keep our promises.
Openness: We are passionate about new ideas.
Respect: We support each other.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Excellent writing skills (previous Press Release writing experience)
* Organized and well planned, capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
* Builds effective relationships
* Attention to detail
* Flexible 'can-do' attitude: needed to thrive in a rapidly growing and changing company
* Degree in Business/Marketing/Science/or equivalent professional experience
* Significant experience creating strategic communication plans
* Strong scientific background, able to comprehend and interpret scientific/clinical data
* Experience of social media content creation, account management and metric analysis
* Formal business or marketing qualifications (e.g. CIM)
* Language: English, 2nd language preferred
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs