Rayner is a leading developer and manufacturer of ophthalmic implants and pharmaceuticals with global headquarters in Worthing, UK. We specialize in the design and manufacture of intraocular lenses (IOLs) and related products, such as OVDs and pharmaceuticals used in cataract and refractive surgery. Since the manufacture of the world’s first IOL by Rayner in 1949, we have continuously pioneered IOL design with a goal of improving vision and restoring sight worldwide. The first ever FDA- approved IOL was a Rayner lens. Today, over 26 million IOLs are implanted around the world every year, and it is globally the most performed elective surgical procedure.
Our mission is simple: to deliver excellent visual outcomes for patients and surgeons. In June 2021 Rayner was acquired by CVC, an international Private Equity business with substantial funds under management. CVC has already shown itself to be an excellent partner to Rayner and has demonstrated its commitment to grow the business internationally. With CVC as our partner, we have the resources to make further investments in ophthalmology. Since Rayner was founded in 1910, we have established a reputation for innovation and product excellence. Rayner has over 500 employees in the UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, US, Canada, Malaysia and India. Today, in the USA we have offices in New York, Memphis and Seattle. The role will be based out of our Memphis office.
Reporting to the Associate VP of Sales, the Regional Business Director (RBD) is responsible for the leadership and management of Sales Specialist Representative’s (SSR’s) and Hospital Account Managers (HAM’s) within their assigned geography, sales performance at a regional level, business knowledge of the local landscape to assess key stakeholders, and to monitor and track future trends within the marketplace.
Ambition: We play to win.
Focus: We put patients first.
Integrity: We keep our promises.
Openness: We are passionate about new ideas.
Respect: We support each other.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Provide inspirational leadership and strategic direction to Sales Specialists and Hospital Account Manager(s) in order to exceed your performance objectives
- Responsible for supervising the operations of the region including hiring, coaching, professional development, performance management, resource utilization, administration, and the assignment of key priority accounts within the medical community
- Develops and implements territory plans that properly identify and prioritize activities to accomplish short and long-term business plan goals
- Supports the national brand plan and corporate strategies
- Establish and maintain an effective communications system among all members of the regional team
- Maintain required technical expertise in order to respond accurately to all questions regarding products, policies, and business-related issues from customers and representatives
- Demonstrates clear and thorough understanding of disease states, products and relevant competitor products, including their mechanisms of action, indications, efficacy, safety, etc.
- Works in the field with all members of the region to coach and counsel on improvement of selling skills, product knowledge, business landscape, and capabilities needed for successful representative development
- Effectively plan and execute business meetings (quarterly business meetings, 1:1’s, national sales meetings) with members of the regional teams
- P&L responsibilities at the regional level; develops and implements regional business plans, manages operational budget at the regional level
- Coordinates with Market Access team in areas of formulary coverage, reimbursement access and patient support, and key account team management to ensure appropriate product pull through
- Interaction and partnership with brand marketing team and appropriate interactions with the Medical Science Liaison team to ensure alignment on strategic opportunities including thought leader development
- Collaborates and communicates with internal customers on account strategy, plans, and execution
- Solicit, embrace, and take action on feedback from your internal and external stakeholders
- Exercise sound judgment and oversight to ensure integrity and compliance with federal, state, and local regulations as well as corporate policies in all activities and communications
- Attend and participate in meetings and conferences as requested
- Complete ad-hoc projects and responsibilities as requested
- Fully understand and train regional teams on IC plan components and how to achieve and exceed sales goals
QUALIFICATIONS/ TRAINING/ EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS Degree required; MBA or advanced degree in a related field preferred
- Prior experience in a highly competitive Ophthalmology space is highly recommended
- Previous marketing/sales experience preferred with five+ years spent in a related position with demonstrated leadership across peer and customer groups in pharma and/or biotech
- Experience working with key thought leaders or high influence customers in large group practices, hospitals, IDN’s, academic institutions, and GPO affiliated practices
- Track record of proven sales success to include national awards, finishing in top 10%, etc.
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities and financial management knowledge, as well as written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills are required and the ability to analyze and draw appropriate conclusions using sales data/call reporting software/applications
- Proven ability to develop and motivate others, lead through change, and deliver on business imperatives is critical to be successful in this role
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally with management, peers, and subordinates and externally with key account C-suite, practice managers, navigators, key business, and medical personal within assigned geography
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a constructive manner
- Strong ability to lead, develop, coach and engage high performance teams
- Superior organizational management and planning skills
- Problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Effective communication, both written and verbal
- A consistent history of operating with a high degree of integrity within compliance guidelines
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to successfully manage multiple and competing priorities
- Continuous learning/professional development
- P & L knowledge
- Ability to execute against brand/business priorities
- Budget management and resource allocation development
- Product cluster/portfolio and disease state knowledge
- Ability to drive revenue in assigned geography
- Account management
- Financial acumen
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Omeros’ policies and applicable laws
- Responsible for supervising the operations of the region including hiring, coaching, professional development, performance management, etc.
Travel & Other Requirements:
- This position will require 50% or more travel to develop internal and external relationships
- A valid driver’s license and safe driving record, as well as proximity to a major airport hub
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs