The purpose of the role is to lead the operations of a production team, that is spread across several production areas on a nightshift. This currently comprises of 30 Process Technicians working in 6 different areas/rooms.
The nightshift Team Leader (equivalent current Technician Level4) will be expected to have a good working knowledge of production equipment and it is desirable they have a detailed knowledge of at least one of the production processes. They will acquire knowledge of other areas and processes as the role develops. The person will facilitate the coordination of production across the areas to enable Teams to hit their KPI’s in the areas of Health and Safety, Quality and Productivity.
They will be expected to lead Team Briefs and troubleshooting activities and to provide clear concise communication to people working on the dayshift.
The person will support both their own development and that of team members in an environment of Continuous Improvement. They will be responsible for coordinating the training of new and existing staff, as agreed with the Training Coordinator, and be able to practice effective delegation to competent technicians.
* Oversee area performance, working on and off the machines and processes when required to achieve required daily / weekly output.
* Be fully involved in daily workflows and instructions to all staff to keep in line with production demands.
* Review, implement and assist with Process Improvement activities and new ways of working.
* Lead staff training and certification when required.
* Be an active go-to technician who is open to support new starters and maintain a high level of ability within the area, a strong people person is required.
* Analyze forward demands and plan, with the area leads, the need for any overtime and/or staffing increases and training requirements.
* To carry out any duties as requested to aid the production process and deemed required by the area lead or the production managers.
* Lead and coach your team to ensure strong performance that drives results.
* Take responsibility for the motivation and engagement of your team members, ensuring they receive recognition that makes them feel valued and feedback that helps them to improve.
* Manage poor performance and behaviours, (and where appropriate enlist HR support)
* Continually monitor sickness absence ensuring any repeated patterns/persistent absence is discussed and managed in line with HR policies.
Health & Safety / Quality
* Ensure that the Company’s Health & Safety policy and procedures are followed.
* Follow safety procedures and use the protective equipment provided and per SOP and best practice.
* Ensure the Quality Policy and procedures are adhered to.
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), including equipment and facility cleaning.
* To complete all data entries accurately and fully onto the process records.
* Promoting best practice and acting in the best interests of the company.
Ambition: We play to win.
Focus: We put patients first.
Integrity: We keep our promises.
Openness: We are passionate about new ideas.
Respect: We support each other.
Understand and actively support activity to achieve and continuously improve:
* Cost per Unit
* Stock coverage / Back orders
* Throughput times
* Previous supervisor experience
* Accountable people manager
* Strong team player
* Good manual dexterity
* Literate and numerate
* PC skills
* Attention to detail
* Takes responsibility for own decisions
* Embraces change for improvement
* Looks to exceed performance requirements
* Experience of working in a regulated industry
* 5s / Kaizen / Lean working knowledge
* Can make decisions and see them through.
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs