The Purpose of the role is to manage and lead a consistent and efficient Warehouse Operation. Maintaining quality of fulfilment, inbound, outbound, and internal inventory control while being accountable for the productivity of the warehouse team.
Ensuring business priorities are cascaded to the relevant warehouse functions, priorities are actioned, and reporting activities are in place to support business objectives to achieve agreed KPIs.
Communicate company and team goals, deadlines, and safety practices to the team.
Provide help to management, including hiring and training, keeping management updated on team performance. Communicate concerns and policies among management and team members.
To plan workload and resource to ensure the warehouse can process the inbound and outbound volume requirements of the business in an efficient way whilst ensuring customer service and supply chain requirements are met.
To drive continuous improvement in people, process, and the cost efficiency of the warehouse.
Motivate team members and assesses performance across the warehouse team.
Management of warehouse:
* Monitor stock levels and manage inventory efficiency for serialized and lot-controlled products including stock check procedures.
* Ensure transfers of Inventory and Raw materials between Rayner storage sites are managed and performed efficiently to plan.
* Ensure goods inwards from Rayner and external suppliers are processed and stored appropriately and efficiently, always following internal procedures.
* Monitor and drive an efficient inbound/outbound operation.
* Monitor and drive an efficient pick/pack operation.
* Provide Management with data and support operation analysis.
* Actively maintain communication and reporting with Customer Service and Supply Chain to ensure business objectives are aligned and actioned.
* Maintain relationships and monitor service delivery with contracted delivery/courier services.
* Drive continuous improvement of processes / methods of operating practices on the site where identified.
* Support warehouse projects and system enhancement opportunities.
* Ensure all health and safety and quality procedures are followed and documented across the site.
* Actively contribute to produce high productivity levels from team, and report on agreed KPIs.
* Support colleagues and provide cover for any tasks and responsibilities as needed.
* Continuously encourage development of the warehouse team, including the use of performance plans and reviews.
* Recruitment, training, developing existing staff.
* Maintain an effective communication structure across functions to ensure objectives are clearly shared and actioned.
* Conduct team meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations.
* Effectively lead the warehouse team through the continued growth of the operation and introducing change positively.
* Provide encouragement to team members, and identifying areas for new training, skill checks or development plans.
* Managing absence and holiday within the warehouse team.
* Regular operational meetings with key stakeholders from each function to ensure feedback and objectives are aligned.
* Function as a role model for company values and behaviours
Health & Safety / Quality
- To ensure that the Company’s Health & Safety policy and procedures are adhered to, up to date employee training records and certifications are maintained to provide a safe and proficient work environment.
- Propose and support improvements to Health and Safety opportunities wherever possible.
- To drive safety procedures and use the protective equipment provided.
- Ensure checks of manual handling equipment and machinery is always conducted and documented in line with business requirements.
- To ensure the Quality Policy and procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure all Standard Operating Procedures are understood and always followed.
- To ensure Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) is maintained including equipment and facility cleaning.
- To complete all data entries accurately and fully onto relevant records in line with QMS guidelines.
- Promoting best practice and acting in the best interests of the company.
1. Strong supervisor /management skills with the ability to lead with a hands-on approach.
2. Strong data analysis skills
3. Flexible ‘can-do’ attitude needed to thrive in a rapidly growing and changing company.
4. Time management skills with the ability to set priorities, fulfil critical tasks in time and keep to deadlines.
5. Implement/embrace process and system improvement, contributing to initiatives to drive the business forward with a can-do attitude.
6. Adapt to changing priorities, display good planning, organisational and reporting skills.
7. Strong prioritisation and delegation skills.
8. Excellent communication skills, able to gather feedback across functions and report on operational productivity.
9. Team management, leading, motivating, training, and development.
10. Critical thinking skills and an ability to work at a strategic level under pressure.
* Experience leading a target driven environment with the ability to work towards achieving objectives against tight deadlines.
* PC literate and familiar with MS Office packages: Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint.
* Experience effectively communicating feedback between stakeholders and actioning objectives to meet requirements.
* Background working in a warehouse or process driven environment.
* Experience working in an inventory-controlled environment, with a focus on inventory or product traceability.
* Experience of using ERP / WMS systems.
* Experience working in an environment with inventory traceability at a serial or lot level.
* Knowledge of health and safety procedures and ensuring adherence amongst team.
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs